Sump Pump Services in Nashville, TN
If your home is prone to flooding, where you have standing water in your basement at times, a sump pump might be right for you. Without a sump pump, that water might seep into the ground and appear no longer of concern, but that can weaken your home’s foundation over time. A sump pump can automatically remove that water and make sure it’s not doing any unseen damage.
The experts at Michael’s Plumbing Service handle sump pump issues of all kinds. From installation to repair and maintenance, we’ll ensure your unit operates at peak performance when you need it most.
4 Benefits of Installing a Sump Pump in Tennessee
There are many reasons why a home might experience flooding. A quality, reliable sump pump mitigates that problem and brings a number of benefits:
- Automatic water removal: Getting rid of the water is the primary benefit of having a sump pump. Most sump pumps activate automatically when water is detected, eliminating guesswork and giving you peace of mind.
- Decreased fire hazards: Seeping water can get into your wiring and electrical components, causing short circuits and potentially causing fires. With a sump pump, this risk goes away.
- Preventing water damage: Standing water can warp wood, stain furniture, ruin installation, destroy toys, and cause many other water damage-related problems. A sump pump ensures there is no standing water, removing the risk of water damage.
- Fighting mold and mildew: Where there’s water and persistent dampness, mold and mildew have a great place to grow. Sump pumps keep that area dry, blocking mold and mildew from gaining a foothold.
Signs Your Sump Pump May Need To Be Repaired or Replaced
In most situations, the sump pump operation should be something you don’t notice. They’re designed to activate and deactivate automatically and make minimal noise during operation. If you notice any of the following signs, your sump pump may need to be repaired or replaced. Call a qualified sump pump service provider to assess the problem. These signs include:
- When water is present, the unit doesn’t activate.
- The sump pump operates with loud, unusual noises such as banging or rattling.
- A foul odor emanates from the unit.
- The unit runs, but the water takes an unusually long time to drain away.
- The age of the sump pump is around 10 years, which is the average unit life span.
Why Choose Michael’s Plumbing in Nashville?
Michael’s Plumbing Service has proudly served Davidson and Robertson counties since 2001. Our highly trained technicians have extensive experience installing, repairing, and maintaining sump pumps with superior results you can trust.
When you partner with us, you can expect a courteous, knowledgeable team of professionals reflecting our commitment to unparalleled honesty and integrity. With our 100% satisfaction guarantee, your sump pump challenge will be handled quickly and efficiently.
Michael's Plumbing service is the best hands down... I discovered I had a water leak in my yard due to high water bill, I called Michael's Plumbing for and estimate and the came right out their pricing was the best out of the 3 other companies I contacted they took…Asha D.
I am SO grateful for the people with Michael's Plumbing Service! Within the last couple of years, I have had them replace my main water line from the street to the house, as well as my water heater. Both times, they were professional, friendly, and efficient. They got the work…Melissa S.
I had a major water leak from an old pipe underneath my front yard. Michael's Plumbing Service was terrific. They came to my home quickly diagnosed the problem and gave me a good estimate to get it fixed. I was in the process of selling my home, so they were…Mary S.
After receiving the unfortunate news from Michaels Plumbing that our seemingly clogged pipes needed replacing because they were cast iron and the pipes were sealed, we consulted w/ several other plumbing companies. Everyone else confirmed the diagnosis and no one else could beat their price nor get us on the…Greg S.
Michael’s plumbing provides excellent service. They were extremely professional and fast while providing top quality work. The repair men were super friendly and explained exactly what they would be doing, which I appreciated. Definitely trust this company with your plumbing needs!Emmy W.